Move over Santa, baby needs their milk too! If you’re struggling with breastfeeding or running low on supply, no need to pout, a new Premama lactation muffins recipe has just come to town! These muffins are filled with juicy cranberries and bright orange citrus flavor, making for a deliciously festive treat to boost your milk supply and nourish your baby in every feeding.
Packed with vitamin D3 and C, calcium, folate, and antioxidants, the cranberries and oranges combined with our Lactation Support Drink Mix make for the ultimate trifecta for you and your baby! The best part is that you can freeze them so that you have plenty on hand when your little one is hungry and you need a little boost!
Cranberry Citrus Lactation Muffins Recipe
Gluten Free | Dairy Free
What You’ll Need:
- Muffin Tin
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
1 ¼ cups gluten-free flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
½ cup of brown sugar
1 ½ cups of fresh cranberries, haved
1 large orange, zested
1 large egg
½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup of olive oil
2 packets of Lactation Support Drink Mix
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix gluten-free flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar. Whisk together. Add in two packets of Lactation Support Drink Mix and whisk until dry ingredients are fully combined.
- Toss the fresh cranberries and orange zest into the dry ingredient mixture using a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, add in your wet ingredients: unsweetened almond milk, olive oil, and one large egg. Whisk together.
- Next, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, mix together until smooth.
- Lightly coat two six-cup muffin tins (or one 12-cup muffin tin) with olive oil or butter.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups (filled until ⅔ full) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Nut-free? No problem. Substitute the almond milk for oat milk or coconut milk.
Watch our YouTube video to see how we baked our Cranberry Citrus Lactation Muffins just in time for the holidays!
Did you try this recipe for breastfeeding moms? Show us by tagging @premamawellness on Instagram.