Focus on B Vitamins: Why You Need Them For TTC
Trying to conceive? You’ll want to make sure you’re getting enough B vitamins! “B vitamins are important for overall health and well-being. B vitamins such as B-9 (folic acid) play an important role during pregnancy as it helps prevent fetal defects of the brain, spine and spinal cord (collectively referred to as neural tube defects)” says Dr. Stephanie Liu. Here’s why B vitamins are important for your overall health and may help with fertility.
How B Vitamins Support Fertility & Reproductive Health
- B vitamins helps with red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, energy production along with a myriad of other vital functions.
- B vitamins support healthy ovulation and were shown to reduce the risk of ovulatory infertility in a 2008 study.
- B9, more commonly known as folate, is crucial for early fetal development as it prevents neural tube defects, such as spina bifida. It is recommended to take folate before getting pregnant (here’s why).
- One study suggested that low levels of B12 in women have been linked to infertility as well as recurrent miscarriage in studies. ”Vitamin B12 plays an important role in our body’s ability to make red blood cells and fetal brain development” says Dr. Stephanie Liu.
- Some studies show that B12 in men improves sperm quality, so your partner may want to try Fertility Support for Him, which has elevated levels of B12 in its most bio-available form, methylcobalamin.
Where to Get Your B Vitamin Fix
You’ll want to take both Fertility Support for Her (which has B12 and folate, along with fertility-boosting nutrient myo-inositol) and our Prenatal Vitamin (which has B2, B6, Folate, and B12). Taking a prenatal along with Fertility Support for Her will not only help you get the B complex during pregnancy and TTC, but also iron, DHA, and Vitamin D, which also play a role in fertility.
We also recommend that your partner take Fertility Support for Him, which has B12 along with other fertility-boosting nutrients. We talk a lot about female fertility, but men also experience infertility.
You can cover all your bases with our Dual Fertility Bundle, now available in a subscription for 10% off + free shipping every 3 weeks. We love having the option to set our orders on autopilot so we never run out or skip a day!